Massage Therapy at Tabick Specific Chiropractic
If you were to visit a chiropractor's office for spinal or extremity adjustments, would you be surprised to receive a massage as well? Massage therapy is not only an effective, time-tested healing modality in its own right; it also makes the perfect complement to other manipulation techniques and all-natural therapies. Here at Tabick Specific Chiropractic, we commonly prescribe a combination of massage therapy and chiropractic care. This chiropractic massage regimen can treat a wide range of conditions and symptoms.
Principles and Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy puts the power of the human touch to work as a means of healing and relaxing the body's soft tissues. This basic form of care, which goes back thousands of years to the earliest healing practitioners, employs manual strokes of different patterns and firmness levels to achieve specific physical effects. This is why there are so many different massage techniques available, each of which offers its own healing advantages. Some of the most common techniques include:
- Swedish massage, which uses relatively light strokes to treat tissue problems close to the skin
- Deep tissue massage, which uses a stronger approach to work on more deeply-set tissues
- Trigger point therapy, a technique for working out tough muscle knots that cause pain (trigger points)
- Prenatal massage, a specialized approach that uses gentle, safe techniques to reduce prenatal discomfort
- Sports massage, which focuses on the specific muscle groups that take the most punishment in your chosen activity
Massage therapy bestows some remarkable benefits on the body. It can help you sleep better, reduce your stress levels, boost your immune function, control chronic pain with drugs, accelerate healing times and much more.
Effective Treatment Through Chiropractic Massage
Our chiropractor in Brooklyn often prescribes massage in conjunction with a course of chiropractic adjustments. This chiropractic massage strategy enhances your healing and pain relief in a few different ways. For starters, massage relaxes the muscles, making them more pliable and more willing to accept the changes in joint position produced by chiropractic treatment. As a result, your body "holds" those changes more readily for better overall results. Additionally, massage works on soft tissues while chiropractic care works on harder structures such as bones and joints, providing more a "whole body" healing experience. This kind of treatment can help conditions such as:
- Headaches and migraines
- Chronic neck or back pain
- Acute injuries
- Overuse or repetitive motion injuries
- Weakened disease resistance
Call Our Chiropractor in Brooklyn to Learn More!
Are you ready to experience the double benefit of massage and chiropractic care? Call Tabick Specific Chiropractic at (718) 745-8177 to schedule an appointment and learn more from our chiropractor in Brooklyn!